Lusaka Comic Con (LsCon)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cosplay (コスプレ kosupure), short for costume play, is a hobby in which participants, called cosplayers, wear costumes and fashion accessories to represent a specific character or idea that is usually identified with a unique name. Cosplayers often interact to create a subculture centered on role play. A broader use of the term cosplay applies to any costumed role play in venues apart from the stage, regardless of the cultural context.
Favorite sources include manga, anime, comic books, video games, and films. Any entity from the real or virtual world that lends itself to dramatic interpretation may be taken up as a subject. Inanimate objects are given anthropomorphic forms and it is not unusual to see genders switched, with women playing male roles and vice versa. There is also a subset of cosplay culture centered on sex appeal, with cosplayers specifically choosing characters that are known for their attractiveness or revealing costumes.
In addition to serving as a gathering place for anime and gaming communities, LsCon will offer attendees a chance to enjoy:
• Cosplay Contest
• Hands-on play time with the latest versions of new Entertainment games
• Local finals for eSports (FIFA 15, WOW, LOL, DOTA), featuring top pro gamers from around the country
• In-depth discussion panels with anime/comic book and game developers and artists
• Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
• Community contests with great prizes
• Commemorative merchandise based on Video games, anime, movies and electronic Entertainment.
More activities and attractions to be announced